PluM's user page
Hi Fifo! I'm not sure that moving PluM's user page to his correct username was necessarily a good thing, since it's now missing the side links such as user contributions, logs, etc. (those appear only on user pages with a valid name, and the valid name on the wiki is the canonical, ugly-looking version). In the future I would recommend consulting the owner of the page before making such changes, so maybe you can check with PluM that he's all right with it? — 13:45, 21 May 2019 (CEST)
- Ah, thanks for the heads up. I’ll notify him about it.
Hi my good friend Fifo! 🤗 I switched the screenshots back to "Image OK" because they don't look blurry to me, all I can see is that they're missing two pixels on the side but this doesn't seem to be a big deal. 😉 --#Rubber mark# (talk) 21:23, 27 December 2019 (CET)
- The resolution doesn’t match 640x480/320x240 exactly – so it is a kinda big deal to me because it’s inconsistent.
– Fifo (talk) 13:46, 29 December 2019 (CET)
- I’m reverting the changes because:
- the image is too blurry
- the resolution is inconsistent (meaning thumbnails will be scaled/blurry)
- Well, every single PS1 screenshot here is 640×480, probably because this is the resolution output by PS1 emulators. When you say that the resolution is in fact 320×240, are you just talking about the native resolution or the game, or also about the output of the console itself? If both, then I assume it's the TV that does the rescaling? — 11:14, 6 January 2020 (CET)
- Rayman 2 on PS1 is output in 320x240 yeah, I can confirm it with the OSSC, which I used to scale the picture on a modern TV. All other versions aside from PS1 can be 640x480. Chances are the PS1 images are just doubled in size, but the issue would be if they didn't use nearest neighbour and instead were filtered, in which case resizing them to half of their size would result in a loss of quality. -- 19:09, 7 January 2020 (CET)
- Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're irrecoverable. We should make sure that the new PS1 screenshots from R2 are 320×240, but unless someone feels like replaying the whole game soon and replacing them all, let's not worry about marking the old ones as bad. At least, maybe we can replace the ones Fifo mentioned for a start. — 13:53, 9 January 2020 (CET)