Rayman Premiers Clics
|Rayman Premiers Clics|
|Published by||Micro Application|
|Directed by||Françoise Cosson|
|Produced by||Céline Dallemagne|
|Programmed by||Management : Éric Vercelot
Graphics : Hugo Benavente, Stéphanie Lelong
Animations : David Alaguillaume, Olivier Ferthel
Development : Philippe Laprun, Thomas Planque, Sylvie Tissot
3D animation : Alexandre Baduel, Gilles Aveneau, Hélène Oger, Hélène Pierre, François Narboux
|Soundtrack by||Éric Chevalier|
|Gameplay mode||Single player|
|Platforms||Windows 95/98/ME and MAC|
Rayman Premiers Clics (known in some other languages as My First Rayman) is one of the educational games from the Rayman learning game Series. This game was released in 2000 for the PC and MAC and was only sold in France, Canada, Spain, Germany and Italy, being available in the four corresponding languages. Rayman Premiers Clics is aimed for a pre-school audience between two and four years old, being designed to help children enter infant education by teaching them basic concepts. Some earlier editions of Rayman Premiers Clics were also bundled with an exclusive Rayman-branded computer mouse or a t-shirt.
The didactic program offers five types of activities:
- Hide-and-sneak: Develops the attention, the visual perception and the memory.
- Story telling: Develops the aware listening, oral comprehension, vocabulary and the mouse usage.
- Puzzles: Develops the spacial organization, vocabulary, the pieces placing, silhouettes and shapes.
- Drawing: Develops the color vocabulary and the artistic sense.
- Music: Develops the rhythm sense, vocabulary about different types of musical instruments: percussion, metal, rope and blowing; musical instruments identification and the reproduction of rhythmic sequences.
Rayman Premiers Clics also aims in making the child to participate in stimulating activities that satisfy the basic needs of young children:
- The need to play.
- The language access.
- The finding to its own autonomy.
- The enjoyment for learning.
The progress level of the child depends of each user:
- Three difficulty levels.
- Introduction in a program.
- Mouse usage.
As long as the child makes an effort, he or she is rewarded:
- A surprise level by finishing each activity.
- Constant motivation for the whole game.
Rayman and the Baby Globoxes wait for the player's arrival and welcome him/her in the Magic Meadow. After, the player can interact with the scenery with the mouse, showing animations and play activities. Rayman always guides the player during the exercises, cheering him/her up and rewarding him/her for his/her efforts.
Some editions were packed with a branded Rayman mouse, exclusive in this game. Other editions had t-shirts.
- The game uses music composed by Éric Chevalier for Rayman 2. The Grand Minimus theme can be heard in the Magic Meadow and in the Puzzles activity. Music from the Fairy Glade can be heard in the Hide-and-sneak activity, the Globox theme from the Canopy in the Drawing activity, the music from the Walk of Life and the Walk of Power in the Music activity and the emblematic music from the Precipice during the end credits.
- In the French version of Rayman Premiers Clics, Rayman and the Baby Globoxes are voiced by Emmanuel Garijo, the French voice of Rayman in Rayman 2, Rayman Revolution, Rayman: The Animated Series and Rayman 3.