The Hoodlums have created a laser washing powder that can transform their clothing into battle dress. It also acts on Rayman, giving him Superpowers. When a Hoodlum has a $ symbol above him, this means that he’s carrying a box of washing powder. Eliminate him to get hold of the box. But beware: the effect of the Superpowers is limited. So keep an eye on the gauge at the bottom of the screen to see how much time you’ve got left. To pick up the Superpower, all you have to do is move over the box.—Manual, Rayman 3
The Laser-Washing Powders (also known as Laser Detergent SuperPowers) are temporary power ups in Rayman 3 that were originally developed by the Hoodlums to change their clothes into combat fatigues. They are first found by Rayman and Murfy when a defeated Hoodmonger leaves a can behind in the Fairy Council, who then discover that the can works on Rayman himself. Only the Hoodlums that have a dollar ($) symbol above them carry a can that will be available once they are defeated. There are five different types of Laser-Washing Powders, each represented by a different colour, and lasting from 3 seconds for the Throttle Copter and 49 seconds for the LockJaw. When in effect, they double the points the player scores.
Similar cans of Laser-Washing Powder are also found in Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge.
Types of Laser-Washing Powders
- Vortex (green can): allows Rayman to throw whirlwinds from his fist, which shrink his opponents, and lowers the meadowscrews.
- Heavy Metal Fist (red can): doubles the damage inflicted by Rayman's telescopic fist, which notably allows him to punch down the wooden doors.
- LockJaw (blue can): allows Rayman to throw metal claws from his fists, which can be used to grab onto flying hooks and send electric shocks to his enemies.
- Shock Rocket (orange can): allows Rayman to shoot a guided missile at his enemies.
- Throttle Copter (yellow can): allows Rayman to fly into the air.
The green Vortex can.
The red Heavy Metal Fist can.
The blue LockJaw can.
The orange Shock Rocket can.
The yellow Throttle Copter can.
- Heavy Metal Fist (yellow can): Same effect as in Rayman 3.
- Throttle Copter (blue can): Unlike Rayman 3, this power can last for as long as Blue Lums are continually collected.
- Fire Protection (red can): Protects Rayman from fire related damage.
|Powers and Power-ups|
|Telescopic fist • Hanging • Grappling fist • Helicopter • Super helicopter • Grimace • Swimming|
|Rayman||Running • Simple Power • Double Power • Big Power • Life • Golden Fist • Speed Fist • Magic seed • Flying Blue Elf • Firefly|
|Rayman 2||Magic fist • Rain Dance • Power Fist • Yellow mushroom • Lums Radar|
|Rayman 3||Laser-Washing Powder||Vortex • Heavy Metal Fist • LockJaw • Shock Rocket • Throttle Copter|
|Funkyboard • Crazy Shoe • Blue Lum • Super Blue Lum • Bodyshot|
|Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge||Laser-Washing Powder||Heavy Metal Fist • Throttle Copter • Fire Protection|
|Origins and Legends||Wall run • Funnel • Heart • Blue Punch • Propeller|