|← N/A||Rise and Shrine →|
|The Beginner League|
|Cup 1 (Beginner), Cup 5 (Pro)|
Shadow Plain is the first of three Beginner League battle arenas in Rayman M and the first round of Cup 1 League in Rayman Arena. It features a basic set-up to allow new players to become accustomed to the game.
Description (Rayman M)
Shadow Plain is a dark and simple square-shaped map that is generally rather open and is notably similar to the haunted areas of the Glade of Dreams, such as the Tomb of the Ancients in Rayman 2, as its visual presentation suggests. It is surrounded by deformed and broken metal fences with skull symbols and sharp edges with mountain walls on the left side, higher levels of land in the right side, thorn tentacles, tall and naked trees and grass. The front side of the map features a large metal skull expelling a green toxic gas from the eyes. On the opposite side, there is a closed metal gate, showing an opened grassy area with some groups of thorn tentacles. The cardo road that connects the gate to the skull is carved with spooky symbols like bats, tombs and skulls. There is a road made of bones that connects the centre of the battle arena to a closed gate in the right side. The dark sky suggests that this area is set during the night, with purple and pink-coloured clouds floating across it.
There are small walls also carved with spooky symbols that set slightly away from the corners of the single-room map (high enough to hide a player running behind them) and on top of two of these will appear Generators in Lum Fight. The centre is formed by paths that link like a plus sign resembling the Roman floor plans, and the middle also features a Gold Generator. The centre is also formed like a square, and the remaining area contains squared, shallow pits with bright green toxic gas rising from the ground - four in each corner - each of these contain a standard Generator, making a total of seven Generators available in the Lum Fight battle mode of Rayman M (one Gold Generator and 6 standard Generators). In the Capture the Fly battle mode, the idle location of the Light Fly is in the centre of the map.
Description (Rayman Arena)
The battle arena features some changes in Rayman Arena:
- The sky is the same, but there's a visible full moon.
- In one of the tall and naked trees, there is an architectural element.
- There is fog in the entire map.
- The toxic gas in the four pits is not present.
- The metal skull expels a blue gas from its eyes.
- The metal fences are more simplified. These are slightly bent, thicker and these not contain spooky symbols.
- The road made of bones and the east-gate is not present.
- Ghost spirits of Zombie Chickens can be seen wandering around the surroundings.
- In the cardo road, if the player turns to south he/she can see a big hole instead of a plain.
- The bent walls friezes are slightly different.
- The east side of the map is predominantly surrounded by metal fences. There, another architectural element can be seen.
The first player's starting position in Rayman Arena'.
- Shadow Plain's Lum Spring playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
- Shadow Plain's Lum Fight playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
- Shadow Plain's Capture the Fly playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
|Locations from Rayman M, Rayman Arena and Rayman Rush|
|Beginner League||Race||First Ruins • Nebulous Tower • Dark Sewer|
|Battle||Shadow Plain • Rise and Shrine • Sunset Coast|
|Advanced League||Race||Dawn Sand • Water Canyon • Thousand Waterfalls|
|Battle||Timber Wood • Haunted Yard • Palm Beach|
|Expert League||Race||Forest Jump • Zenith Harbour • Treasure Ship|
|Battle||Spellbound Forest • Ly's Palace • Coconut Island|
|Extreme League||Race||Pipe Maze • Lava Factory • Electric Final|
|Battle||Gemstone Temple • Forgotten Dungeon • Ghastly Trees|
|Bonus League||Race||Big Bang • Future • Born To Slide • On and On • Speed Stress|
|Rayman Rush exclusive||Race||Canopy|
|Rayman Arena (GameCube/Xbox) exclusive||Battle||Pac Arena • Low Gravity Arena • Kurai|