|Developed by||Ubisoft Shanghai|
|Gameplay mode||Single player, multiplayer (2 players only)|
|Ratings||3+ (ELSPA), E (ESRB)|
Rayman Rush is a remake of Rayman M developed by Ubisoft Shanghai only for the Sony PlayStation in 2002. While it was the same game as Rayman M both in terms of plot and concept, only the racing half of the game was ported. Also there are a lot of other differences, probably due to the PlayStation's limited specifications, resulting in a poor conversion.
Differences from Rayman M
- The Teensies are replaced by a pink female Globox called Globette. She uses Tily's sound clips sped down, and for an unknown reason, shares the musical theme of Dark Globox, a character who only appears in the GameCube and Xbox versions of Rayman Arena. Because of this, the player starts with only four characters in this version.
- The menu music is lower in pitch.
- Each character is now equipped with freeze bullets like in the Rayman M battle game Lum Spring, which freezes a character for five seconds when shot.
- Some of Rayman M's bonus levels now use textures and are made into proper levels, most notably the Canopy.
- The Water Canyon level has a new map.
- The game has a slightly different ending, which is shown after beating just the Championship.
- Only 2 players can play together this time.
- While it also has the same intro as Rayman M, the part which introduces the Teensies was removed.
- The Popolopoï mode is renamed to "Target Mode", and a time attack mode was added.
- The Lums Mode is now all about collecting as many Yellow Lums as possible while racing against another character.
- Tily's voice is apparently a mix of her voice clips and Ly's, which are sped up.
- David Gasman as Rayman
- Jodi Forrest as Tily, Razorwife, Globette
- Joseph Sheridan as Globox, Henchman 800, Henchman 1000
- Ken Starcevic as Razorbeard
- It was revealed in March 2013, that the game can be completed at 100%. Until then only 99.2% was known to be possible. The percentage most likely has some kind of connection with the time records made through the game.
- At some point the game was called Rayman Race.
- Official UK Playstation Magazine, Issue 079, pg. 9, https://archive.org/details/opm-079/page/n7/mode/2up
|Locations from Rayman M, Rayman Arena and Rayman Rush|
|Beginner League||Race||First Ruins • Nebulous Tower • Dark Sewer|
|Battle||Shadow Plain • Rise and Shrine • Sunset Coast|
|Advanced League||Race||Dawn Sand • Water Canyon • Thousand Waterfalls|
|Battle||Timber Wood • Haunted Yard • Palm Beach|
|Expert League||Race||Forest Jump • Zenith Harbour • Treasure Ship|
|Battle||Spellbound Forest • Ly's Palace • Coconut Island|
|Extreme League||Race||Pipe Maze • Lava Factory • Electric Final|
|Battle||Gemstone Temple • Forgotten Dungeon • Ghastly Trees|
|Bonus League||Race||Big Bang • Future • Born To Slide • On and On • Speed Stress|
|Rayman Rush exclusive||Race||Canopy|
|Rayman Arena (GameCube/Xbox) exclusive||Battle||Pac Arena • Low Gravity Arena • Kurai|