Rayman 3 HD
|Rayman 3 HD|
|Developed by||Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft Shanghai|
|Designed by||Michaël Janod with Olivier Palmieri, Benjamin Haddad, Frédéric Gaveau, Éric Couzian, Xavier Plagnal, Jérôme Collette, Olivier Barbier, Yann Leclerc|
|Written by||David Neiss (story and dialogue)|
|Soundtrack by||Plume, Fred Leonard, Laurent Parisi|
|Release date||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360:|
|Gameplay mode||Single player|
|Platforms||Sony PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Network), Microsoft Xbox 360 and Microsoft Xbox One (Xbox Live Arcade)|
|Ratings||3+ (ESPLA), 3+ (PEGI), E (ESRB)|
|Distribution media||Digital download|
Rayman 3 HD is a high-definition remake of Rayman 3. It was released on the PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 and the Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 on the 21st March, 2012. Rayman 3 HD features minor enhancements to visuals, such as a remade HUD, and makes a few changes in numerous areas. It was announced that the servers would shut down on November 11, 2017 or November 19 2018, thus making the leaderboards inaccessible. This did however not turn out to be the case and the servers are still up in 2020.
It was announced on the 9th November, 2015 that Rayman 3 HD would be among the first group of titles that were to be Xbox One backward compatible. This version was updated with a new logo and fixed minor graphical glitches.
Differences from Rayman 3
- The Hoodlum Havoc subtitle has been removed, and the font of the logo has been changed to match that of Rayman Origins.
- The game now features subtitles for the cutscenes and some other in-game dialogue.
- The original version opened with a gameplay trailer cut to Groove Armada's 'Madder'. This has been removed and replaced with a new trailer featuring new music.
- The intro sequence originally began with the classic Ubi Soft logo, used for the first three Rayman games, overlaid against a night sky. This has been cut.
- Rayman 3 HD features audio problems. Many music tracks start later than they should, and often contain glitches.
- In the Fairy Council, a Ludiv originally spoke the line 'Oh my God, what is going on here?' In Rayman 3 HD, this line is censored to 'What is going on here?' However, the words 'Oh my God' seen in the Crush minigame remain uncensored.
- Parts of the sky above the Clearleaf Forest have become black, and the colour of the water has undergone strange changes. The reasons for such discolourings are currently unknown.
- The bonus section of the game contains an "extra" which is a gallery of the artworks seen in the Rayman Origins art booklet which came with the collector's edition.
- The shadows of objects and characters have been known to glitch up, often passing directly through surfaces and appearing/disappearing at random. The shadows also sometimes are not cast according to the location of the light source, and instead appear directly beneath the caster. This is likely due to a lack of testing when experimenting with the newer shading technology.
- The jewels and Red Lums now cast light onto the geometry around them, as opposed to the original version, where only a glowing texture was placed around them.
- The Grand Minimus's crown is now transparent.
- Level scores are now shown at the end of boss battle sections.
Glitched, colourful water in the Land of the Livid Dead.
Glitched, colourful water in Clearleaf Forest.
- The game runs at 720p (1280 × 720), the minimum standard for high-definition, and does not support higher resolutions, while the original version of the game on PC can be configured to use any resolution, including 1080p and higher.
- Online Services Update Masterlist
- Introducing Your First 104 Xbox One Backward Compatible Games