Spiky balls, also known as prickly balls, are dangerous stage hazards which feature in the Rayman series.
In Rayman and its spin-offs
The spiky balls exist in various sizes. The most common kind, of small size, possesses eyes and randomly looks around itself: they are found in all worlds but the Dream Forest and Picture City. The other kind, of much larger size, has no eyes and is sometimes attached to a rocker, which is made of three small ones with blank eyes. If it is not already spinning, Rayman can knock it with his fist but he must be careful not to get hurt. They are only found in the Blue Mountains and the Caves of Skops.
Rayman can punch those giant spiky balls to make them spin.
In Rayman Designer, a green version of the small spiky balls appears in the Jungle world. Except for the color, there are no differences with the blue ones. The blue ones however still appear in the other worlds, except for the Image world, with several variants.
- Steady prickly ball (known simply as Prickly ball in the Jungle world where it also appears green and as Stationary prickly ball in the Cake world.) - Appears in place.
- Horizontal prickly ball - Moves horizontally.
- Vertical prickly ball - Moves vertically.
- Prickly ball in rotation - Moves in rotation.
- Zigzag prickly ball - Moves in zigzag.
- Prickly ball - A big Spiky ball.
- Constant prickly swing - A big spiky ball which constantly swings.
- Activatable prickly swing - A big spiky ball which swings when punched.
In this game, blue, brown and yellow spiky balls appear in Airy Tunes, Rocky Peaks, Fiery Depths and Dark Legacy. They share the same function as the spiky balls which appeared in the original Rayman game.